Field Application Scientist
Genialis is a data science software and services company whose goal is to help biopharma companies discover and develop the next life saving therapeutics. We provide best-in-class software for NGS data management, analysis and integration as well as advanced technology-enabled services. As our US-based Field Application Scientist, you’ll be responsible for acquiring new accounts and driving revenue growth.
Location: Boston or Cambridge, MA, USA
Why you should join: You’ll have the opportunity to help build our commercial organization, with leverage over the sales strategy, and direct input into the sales-product-marketing feedback loop.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Nurturing relationships with life scientists and biotech executives to understand their R&D needs and business objectives, promoting Genialis solutions, and ultimately winning their business
- Preparing & presenting sales material, including product demos and project proposals
- Communicating strategy and market feedback with the leadership, commercial and product teams
- Participating at scientific conferences, workshops, & industry events to generate new opportunities
- Managing our sales pipeline and efficiently guiding prospects along their decision-making journey
Instead of the typical cover letter, we’d like you to answer each of the following questions. Only applications with completed Q&A will be considered.
- What are the five most important questions you’d need answered in your first 30 days on the job in order to be able to be successful in this position? Please describe for each why the answer to that question will be important to your success.
- What are your long-term career aspirations?
- How would you describe your perfect work environment?
- PhD in molecular biology, genetics, bioinformatics, or similar field, with research experience that includes Next-Generation Sequencing technologies
- Proven ability to engage with and establish a rapport with scientists & business leaders, ask thoughtful questions, and influence decisions
- Experience delivering technical presentations and software demonstrations to scientific audiences
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- A high performer with the right skills for early stage-startup: critical thinking & creative problem-solving, initiative & humility, passion & resilience
- Competitive base salary and commission plan
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick & maternity leave